SWI – A COVID Secure Employer
Since the COVID19 pandemic began, we have prioritised the safety and wellbeing of colleagues and customers. Through the lock down period, we have worked hard to ensure that all colleagues are safe and feel supported during these challenging times. We have also significantly improved our website to give customers a better shopping experience and a broader choice of back to school products.
COVID Secure Policy & Procedures
SWI has implemented rigorous new safety procedures across its offices and distribution centres that have been developed with the support of colleagues, management and external consultants.
Our new enhanced health and safety measures ensure that SWI is fully compliant with social distancing rules, with employees trained appropriately and provided with full PPE. We are confident that these safety measures are fully compliant with the guidance provided by the UK Government, Public Health England and the Department of Health. Measures that we have implemented in our offices and distribution centres include:
- Completing risk assessments across all sites
- Establishing new safe working practices to reduce the risk of COVID19 transference
- Rolled out a comprehensive training and communications to all colleagues on our new working processes
- All colleagues who can work at home have been supported to do so
- Introduced clear signage and floor markings, where appropriate
- Introducing PODs into our offices that separate colleagues working environment where it is not possible to keep 2m apart
- Changed shift patterns to reduce the number of colleague at work at any one time
- Staggered start and finish times to reduce blockages at building entrances / exits
- Provided hand sanitiser and PPE for colleagues
- Trained all our team to support social distancing
- Increased cleaning procedures
Welcoming Customers & Colleagues back
As we all start getting used to a ‘new normal’, we are delighted to be gradually welcoming our customers back and our colleagues returning from furlough. We are extremely grateful to all of our colleagues for their dedicated efforts in caring for our customers and the business, and to our customers for their continued loyalty to SWI. We are very well stocked for the 2020 Back to School period and anticipate being able to give outstanding levels of service.
Should you require any additional information on our new safety measures or copies of the risk assessments that have been completed across the business, please email email@example.com